Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lylah's Library

I've seen similar bookshelves all over bloggerville and they were the perfect solution for my youngest daughter's room ... all of the bedrooms in our home are rather small and these worked out perfectly!!! They hold TONS of books in a manner that looks nice, doesn't take up much space, and more importantly ... the girls can pick them up and put them away without Momma having to rearrange things :)

Her room is pink with black furniture and a Ladybug theme so I opted to add some ladybugs to the shelves ... I'm REALLY happy with how they turned out and they should last her for quiet sometime as they aren't too "baby-eskt"  :) 






My Grandma gave Lylah this rocking chair (complete with a chair pad sewn by my Grandma) for Christmas as she LOVES to rock ... and swing :) Perfect fit for her reading corner!!!


Perfect for a little girl ... don't you think!?! 

2 comments:

  1. I love that reading nook! What a great idea, and it doesn't clutter the floor. My 2-year old son would love having his own place to read! Stopping by from Wednesday bloghop. Stop by my beauty blog if you would like http://atfirstblushbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO cute! I love how you made use of the wall space, but didn't take up all the floor space with furniture. Great idea!

    I found you from the Wednesday Blog Hop and am your newest follower. If you're interested you can read all about our journey to a more simple lifestyle at: http://theoldsimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete