Monday, February 14, 2011

Some Valentine's Day Craftiness

Thought it would be fun to share some of the Valentine's Day Decorations I've made over the past 5 or so years for my next post to Kindred Spirits Creations!

I made the X&O combo for my sister Sabrina, for her birthday ... she's a New Years Eve Baby and we both really LOVE to celebrate/decorate for all the holidays and LOVE crafting so I found it appropriate to make this for her :-)  




The following candle holders where made just over 4 years ago while I was on maternity leave with our first daughter, Sydney. I worked up till my due date ... she was more than week past due ... needless to say I was a bit anxious while awaiting her arrival so I directed my attention to crafting ... surprise, surprise :-) Although, I'm thinking the crafting got me a bit relaxed cause she (Sydney) was still was content to stay in Momma's Oven come eviction time :-) Needless to say ... these candle holders I created will always hold a special place in my heart!!!



Mini candle holders ... inspired by the mini-me within :-) Although I've had a heck of a time finding candles this small (any suggestions would be appreciated)





This is a "LOVE" banner that I made for our fireplace ... just adds that simple touch that I love! I've included some close-ups of the letters that I made. My MIL made the hand-prints hearts with our girls last year ... Something I will always cherish!



Our table is one of the only things in our house that I can "control" how it looks through out the day (which is a stated accomplishment as we sit at the table for three meals a day and feel this is an important family tradition to maintain family values) and I find it very welcoming for our table to display the seasons/holidays ... I made these whimsical napkin holders about 5-6 years ago and I still love them!!! Simply stated yet beautiful!!!


The following XO is one of my new creations to add to this years display for Valentine's Day ... Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!


Hope you've enjoyed the stories behind my creations and may they bring you inspiration for your own crafty creations! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment