Thursday, March 17, 2011

Saint Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! The decorations in our home have increased just a bit and I LOVE it! :-) In all of my crafting over the past few months, I've turned what had been just ideas into real things for everyone to enjoy who enters our home ... Most of which included the use of my Cricut. Its an amazing crafting tool and I have already started on some really fun Easter/Spring decorations that I'll share they are finished ... Let me know what you think!


This fun little creation was made out of a 1x1 that I cut down into 1 inch blocks ... one side says "LUCKY" and the opposite side says "IRISH" ... it the centerpiece on our table this year!
 
I decorated the end blocks with Shamrocks on three sides ...

Here's how they look displayed on our table: 

The bucket was actually created about 3 years ago ... just a plain white bucket that I accessorized with ribbon and some foam shamrock stickers. I've used these as both a candle holder or a vase.
 

The "LUCK" block was created in Chelan during our "Chocolate, Wine, Cheese & Crafting" weekend with my sister and her hubby. Its a 2x4 that I cut down making the final dimensions 2x4x4. 


The "LUCK" banner was created over Super Bowl Weekend ... I had already made a "LOVE" banner for Valentine's Day and enjoyed it so much that I decided to create something similar for St. Patrick's Day. The letters were cut from tag board, then decoupaged with decorative paper and flower embellishments. I finished it off by wrapping the edges with hemp rope.





I think this last one is my personal favorite ... made from a 3x3 fence post cut down into 13 and 18 inch blocks. I really love the combination of the black and green colors, and the letters are so playful which is appropriate given the message :-)







Thanks for taking the time to check in and see what I've been up to. I'd love any comments if you'd like to leave one. Hope you have a very "Lucky" St. Patrick's Day ... Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment